Monday, December 23, 2013

Un-belize-able

Hello all,

I have no idea how many of you know, but I just spent the last 11ish days in Belize. And for those of you who were like me a couple a months ago and don't really know where that is, it's on the gulf side of Central America.

And let me tell you just how amazing it was being there. But before I go on gushing about things that will make several people jealous, I just want to talk about the things that used to be normal, now seeming weird since I got back in the states last night. (Everything else will be talked about later when I upload my pictures.)

Weird things in the order (approximately) of how I encountered them.

1. Shoes.... Spent most of Belize on a private island barefoot. Shoes are weird.
2. Flushing toilet paper.... Most drain systems are too old and can't handle it so they throw it in garbage cans.
3. Phones.... It's really odd being able to talk to people that aren't in the same room as you.
4. Feeling dry... We were either snorkeling, getting dumped on or sweating. Literally almost never dry.
5. Wearing dry clothes.... see above.
6. Waking up at noon.... After only kinda sleeping while travelling and getting home after 1:30 am and not going to bed until after 2 sometime, I can't exactly call it sleeping in, but I've also been getting up at about 6.
7. Being alone..... I travelled with a group of 28. I was never alone for longer than like half an hour.
8. Warm showers/water pressure... Didn't have it. Wasn't super necessary on the island. Necessary here.
9. Feeling wet in comparison to your surroundings.... Getting out of the shower and being the only wet thing in the vicinity was weird. Everything was wet in belize. You didn't even really need to towel off really.
10. Cold...... I'm losing feeling in my fingertips writing this.
11. Pants.... Like shoes I haven't worn pants since the day we arrived in Belize. Shorts all the way. I'm still wearing shorts. My body doesn't agree with my fashion choice.
12. Mirrors.... Can't believe I almost forgot that one. I looked in a mirror twice in belize. I have now had a pretty consistent run in with them. I prefer belize on this one.
13. Not hearing really bad puns..... (hence the title)

All right I think that wraps it up so far. I will try my hardest to get another update and pictures very very soon.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment