Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Leap of Faith (In A Sense)

Hi y'all.

So we didn't end up going to Avalanche Lake yesterday. We gathered everyone up to late. So we ended up going on a short hike nearby to St. Mary's Falls and Virginia Falls.

St. Mary's

Virginia

It was Claire, Luke, Kylor and I that all went.

Luke and I

Kylor and Claire



We ended up seeing my 4th bear. I was in front (watching my feet because I'm a clutz and I don't want to trip) and all of a sudden Kylor grabs my backpack and says "Stop! There's a bear." And at first we thought he was just kidding but when we all looked about 40 feet from us was this:


It was super overcast when we started so we all were dressed for potentially getting wet. What I didn't plan for was getting soaked. Especially since it wasn't rain that soaked us. (These are all at St. Mary's)

Claire jumping.

Me taking the plunge

This is like Kylor's 5th jump

We finally got Luke to hop in.

Kylor jumped from the other side.

Some random guy decided to one up Kylor and jump from a higher place. 

We lucked out though because after we got back, we decided we wanted pie and then on our way back from that it started downpouring. Unfortunately Kylor had to go to work, so Claire, Luke and I watched silence of the Lambs and then sat on the porch and watched the storm.

Overall it was a pretty fantastic day off. Sadly my next day off is Sunday. But it's all good.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
Shelby




2 comments:

  1. We're so proud of your movie choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha whenever anybody mentions Silence of the Lambs I automatically think of you guys!

      Delete